Pathway for homeless
Pathway to Home has been set up as a partnership with Pathway – Healthcare at Home, part of the University of London NHS Hospital. This is a new approach to medical respite care for homeless hospital patients.
The main aims of the service are:
- medically led service within psychologically informed environment
- improve post-acute patient care
- reduce re-admission and thus cost-saving
- focus on rehabilitation, convalescence and housing support
- create new collaborative approach between voluntary sector and the NHS
Homeless patients who meet the criteria are transferred from hospital to Olallo House in designated health beds where residents receive continued medical care from the Pathway homeless team and support from Olallo staff. They remain under the care of the hospital consultant and have time to complete treatment and work towards safe discharge.